Hanna's Union Pacific Coal Company Store
Notes by Bob Leathers
The Union Pacific Coal Company's Hanna Store and Love's Opera House were located on Front Street. The coal company hauled the store from Carbon to Hanna.
The Union Pacific Store and warehouse occupied the space about where Love's Theater now stands. It was a general merchandise store where the miners purchased most of their goods and could have the amount deducted from their pay. (Hanna Miner, 1962)
A new Union Pacific Coal Company Store was built across from the Hanna school on The Lincoln Highway (Highway 30) in 1939.