Hanna Post Offices
January 30, 1889: the United States Post Office Department established a post office at Hanna and appointed George F. Doane as postmaster. The first Post Office in Hanna was located in a building that was divided into two parts, the left half was the Post Office and the right half was the Milliken Confectionary and Candy store.
The first post office building was abandoned in 1940.
June 3, 1940:
The new post office, which is the remodeled filling station near the site of the old Company Store, was opened on June 3rd. It is a very attractive building both inside and out. Miss Bertha Ekman is Mr. Kelly’s new assistant, filling the vacancy made by the resignation of Mrs. Frances Withrow on June 1st. (UPCCEM, July 1940)
1977: the old post office above was replaced by the new building below.