Millie's Candy Store, Apartments and a Shoe Repair Shop in the Back
Exhibit by Bob Leathers
Building No. 17 belonged to the Union Pacific Coal Company. It was occupied over time by Millie's Candy Store, Apartments and a Shoe Repair Shop in the back.
The building was a residence. It was formerly Millie's Candy Store with a shoe repair repair shop in the back. (Hanna Miner, 1962)
Millie (Marsh) While pictured below was the wife of Job While killed in the 1903 explosion of Hanna Mine No. 1. Job and John were their sons. Millie was born in England. Job and John were both born in Hanna. Job was born the year his father was killed in the No. 1 mine. According to Mrs. Burton, a long time resident of Hanna, Millie ran a candy store on Front Street after the death of her husband. Some time after the explosion the three of them moved to California and continued their lives there. (Information and picture from While Family.)