Thomas Jackson's Store
Page by Bob Leathers
Thomas Jackson moved his clothing store, building - #9 - in the picture below, from Carbon to Hanna. His store, along with the Beckworth Commercial Company, were two of the few that were allowed in the town of Hanna which were not owned by the Union Pacific Coal Company.
Long time Hanna Basin resident and businessman, Sam Dickinson, operated the Dickinson Dry Good store - #10 - on Front Street. He sold his business in the mid 1920's and Thomas Jackson's Clothing store - #9 - took over the Dickinson store space. The Jackson Clothing store then started selling both clothing and dry goods. Sam Dickinson's Dry Good store was at some point converted into apartments and later burned down.