1917: Elmo Became Incorporated
Exhibit by Bob Leathers with contributions from Gary Milliken
Over the objection of Hanna and Elmo town and mine officials, the state Highway department relocated Highway 30, also called the the Lincoln Highway, from the center of town to about one mile north of town. The move severely affected local businesses. A new raised paved road was built from the new highway into Hanna.