Sam Dickinson's Dry Goods Store on Front Street
Notes from Bob Leathers
Sam Dickinson worked in the Hanna mines in the early years, he later left the mines and opened the #10 Dickinson Dry Good store on Front Street. He sold his business to The Union Pacific Coal Company in the mid 1920's. It appears the #9 Thomas Jackson's Clothing store took over the Dickinson store space. The Jackson Clothing store then started selling both clothing and dry goods. Sam Dickinson's Dry Good store was at some point converted into apartments and later burned down.
The Sam Dickinson's Dry Goods Store was converted into living quarters, it later burned down. (Hanna Miner, 1962)
Mr. Sam Dickinson
His many friends are glad to see Mr. Sam Dickinson back at the counter in his store again. Mr. Dickinson has been ill several weeks and does not look very well yet, but we are glad he is able to be out again. (Rawlins Republican, March 1, 1921)